How Cybersmart are you?

1. What is a digital footprint?
  2. What is a digital citizen?
  3. Why is it important to be Cybersmart?
  4. How can your cyber activity positively or negatively affect others?
  5. Go to ‘Get the facts’ and choose two areas to explore. Discuss something you learned about how to deal with online issues in these two areas.

digitalFootprint2

Remember:

• Begin with a positive statement
    • Share your ideas
    • Support or explain your ideas
    • Use detailed and descriptive language
    • Sign off with a concluding comment or question
    • Proof read your post to ensure it makes sense

Happy posting!

20 comments

1. Hello members of the 5ES community!
    I really enjoyed watching the video on our digital footprints. I had never thought about the impact my online activity could have on my own safety and the experiences of others.
    I think that a digital footprint is…
    I think a digital citizen is…
    It is important to be cyber smart because…
    My online behaviour can affect others negatively by…
    My online behaviour can affect someone positively by…
    I read the two sections ‘Netiquette’ and ‘Mobile phones’ from ‘Get the facts. I…
    Thank you for reading my comment.
    Ms Sleeth

2. Hi members of the 5ES community!
    I watched the video about ‘How Cynbersmart are you?’, and I have never thought, or ever heard of cybersmart citizens before. The video was set out in a good format and the video made me think more about how our actions can affect other people in the community of cybersmart citizens.
    This video explains about what you call digital footprint and the impact that people make, or so called ‘footprints’.
    Digital citizens are the people of our online community and we have to be positive to digital citizens so we don’t have a negative impact on them.
    If we think of what our actions may do to others and what impact it will have on them and we make or cybersmart community positive it will be a better place for others.
    Thanks for taking time to read my comment, SR

1. Hi SR
      I also watched that video about cybersmart citizens and the digital footprint and I also have never heard about those things until I watched the video. I agree with the fact that being positive online can make the world a better place. By watching the video, it also made me think about how my actions and behaviour can effect other cyber citizens.
      Thanks for reading my response,
      MK

3. Hello world
    I enjoyed watching the video about digital footprints. I learned a lot. I never knew that our online behaviour would effect me and other people. I think that a digital fotprint has to do with how people have been associating with technology. I think a digital citizen is someone who knows all about cyber safety and behaves appropriately online. It is important to be cyber smart so we and other people feel safe online. My cyber activity can effect others positively and negatively online by what I post online. For Get the Facts, I read Netiquette and Cyber Bullying. I learnt that if I see something online that upsets me, I should go and tell my parents.
    Thank you for reading my comment.
    From MK

4. Hello members of the 5ES community,
    I really liked the ‘How Cybersmart are you?’ video. I think a digital footprint is when you are online and you open a new page you create a digital footprint. I think a digital citizan is someone that belongs to a website. I think it is good to be cybersmart because you are caring for other people and their feelings. I think my online activity can positively affect others by saying nice things and being positive. I think my online activity can negatively affect others by saying mean and very rude things to them, which I would never do to someone. I looked at cyber bulling and staying legal. I learnt what to do if someone cyber bullied me and how to stay legal online.
    Thanks for taking the time to read my comment, DO.

5. Hello members of the 5ES community!
    I really enjoyed the video about digital footprints. I think that a digital footprint is when you post something online, it stays there forever. I think a digital citizen is someone who behaves appropriately and knows all about cyber safety. It is important to be cyber safe so that we can be safe from cyber bullies online. My cyber activity online can positively and negatively affect others for what I say and post online. I read ‘Netiquette’ from ‘Get the facts’ and learnt that ‘Netiquette’ is treating others the way you want to be treated.
    Thank you for reading my comment.
    From A.Ch

6. Hi members of the 5ES community!
    I watched the video about ‘How Cybersmart are you?’, and I have to say that I have never thought, or even heard of digital citizens before. I also really like the organic style and colours that captivates people’s eye and I think the government has done a pretty good job on the short video…
    Based on inferences from this video, what you call a digital footprint is an impact that you make, or so called ‘footprint’, that influences other people in the networking community.
    Also, a I think a digital citizen is a member that is involved in the global networking community, and does his/her part to contribute to, as well as benefit from it.
    It is important to be impact the community in a positive manner by not posting disrespectful or private information and not respond to negative comments, and not otherwise in a negative manner.
    Probably the main reason I think being cybersmart is to have a positive influence (or digital footprint) on yourself as well as others as digital citizens of the networking community, and to maximise the potential of the technological advance as members of the community.
    Thanks for your time!
    ES

7. Hi everyone,
    I really enjoyed watching the video about cyber safety! I didn’t think that my internet activity would effect me for the rest of my life.
    I think a digital foot print is what you do on the computer that will be on the internet forever.
    I also think that a digital citizen is someone online. We are digital citizens when we are on computer sites that let us talk to other people and I think we need to be very careful as digital citizens. I think it is very important to be cyber smart because anyone can look at your things that you post online and it could impact your life. My online behavior can effect others negatively if I type any of their personal details. I think my online behaviour can effect others positively if I am nice to them online.
    I read playing online games and social networking and online friends from get the facts.I thought both texts were very interesting and I learnt a lot from them. I think being cyber – smart is very important.
    Thanks for reading.
    From HM

8. Hi members of the 5ES community,
    I would like to say that from this particular activity I have learned a lot of information about cybersaftey.
    A digital footprint is when you stay safe online and when you don’t give away personal information.
    A Digital citizen is about confident and positive engagement with digital technology.
    My online behaviour can be negative by tell others personal information.
    My online behaviour is positively by keeping safe and not giving away information.
    I learnt that playing games online can be great fun, but you need to be careful about how much you play and who you play with.
    From (TN)

9. Hello members of 5ES.
    I liked the cyber safety video. It was a little bit funny and the pictures were drawn really well.
    I would like to learn more about cyber safety.
    I would like to know who made the video.
    I would like the video to be longer.
    Why was the video a bit short?
    Why is it good to be cybersmart?
    Do you need to be cybersmart?
    It would be good to be cybersmart, so you won’t get a virus or anything like that.
    Also being cybersmart is good for the world.
    From YT.

10. Dear Ms Sleeth and 5ES
    I watched the video ‘How Cybersmart are you’ and I really enjoyed it. I didn’t know how important it is being online whether you are supervised or not and how it would effect others. I think digital citizens are the people who are from the online community. I think that a digital footprint is where you share videos and pictures. I went onto get the facts and I read about digital footprints and playing online games and I learnt that anyone online can see any of your pictures or videos that are posted. That’s why you always think before you do it. Thanks for taking time to read my comment.
    From A.CO

11. Hello world,
    I just watched the cyber smart video. It was great. I hope you will be cyber smart too. Remember use your nick name or a fake name for any game you’re playing. I know I will. Have you ever been cyber smart? Please do so. I am happy there is such thing as being cyber smart or people could do bad things.For one thing, cyber bullying is very very wrong. The video reminded me of when I got cyber bullied. I didn’t know what to do. Then I thought and I did the right thing. I saved it and showed my parents. The video was a good thing to show people what they should do if they get cyber bullied or what you should do about something like that.

from ACA

12. Dear Miss Sleeth and our 5ES community,
    I am so happy to blog with you. I have learned so much about cybersaftey and we all should know to make the write decisions online because you never know who will be online and who will look on your pages.

I went on nettiquette and I learned that treating others how you would like to be treated is very important so you wouldn’t get bullied by others.

You should never trust others online because sometimes you could be found. By that I mean you should not tell anybody your passwords or address E.G you should tell your parents before you give anybody your password, just like an email.
    NS

13. Hi 5ES,

I enjoyed watching the video because it had a lot of interesting facts that I did not know like what a digital footprint is.

I think a digital footprint is everything online that you post. I think you can manage your footprint by posting respectful and sensible things.

I think when you are online you are a digital citizen no matter where you are.

It is important to be Cybersmart so that important information doesn’t leak out and you will be safe while online.

Cyber activities can negatively affect others because if you put information about others, their safety is at risk. It can positively affect others because messages can be sent through emails if you can’t meet them in person. It can also positively affect others if they are being cyberbullied. If they are too scared to tell anyone you could help them.

I learnt about digital footprints and staying legal in get the facts.

I learnt that digital footprints can be maintained by posting responsible ideas. Also, not letting other people know your password is a way to maintain your digital footprint safely. If you don’t, it may result in other people posting inappropriate picture and leaking out personal information.

You can stay legal by respecting other people’s content. Making sure that you read the terms and conditions of websites is also being legal. Also downloading sites can be illegal. Asking a responsible adult would be the right thing to do before downloading from a site. I found the text staying legal very interesting.

Thank you for reading my post

K.A

14. To Ms Sleeth and the 5ES community,
    I watched the video ‘how cybersmart are you’. I didn’t know that giving out your personal details could lead to disasters like the ones in the video.
    • A digital footprint is a track back to you.
    • You become a digital citizen as soon as you go online.
    • It is important to be cybersmart because if you are not cybersmart, you might accidentally leave a bad digital footprint.
    • Your cyber activity can negatively affect others by giving away their personal details such as emails or passwords.
    • Your cyber activity can positively affect others by you only using their initials and not giving away personal details such as emails and passwords.

I read the information about mobile phones and playing online games on ‘Get the Facts’.
    Mobile Phones should be kept undiscoverable while using Bluetooth. If you get a message that is unwanted you should show an adult that you can trust.

Playing online games is another way of handing out your personal details so it is best to use nicknames while playing online games with others. You will also need to pay for some games.

Thanks for reading my post. From TS

15. Hello members of the 5ES community!

I watched the video ‘How Cybersmart Are You’. I thought you can take off what you have written but you can’t, so people have to write it then they have to check it well before they post it. They also have to be respectful.

I read ‘Get the Facts’. The two I read was ‘playing online games’ and ‘social networking and online friends’. I found it interesting that hackers can pretend to be your friend and ask you to give them your username and password. They will then go into your account and play on it and ruin your account.

Thank you for reading my comment.
    G.X

16. Hello members of the 5ES community,
    I watched the video about ‘How Cybersmart are you?’ and I learnt a lot about a digital footprint. I never thought that being online could have such a big impact on me.

I think a digital footprint is everything you do and post online for others to see, including strangers that will stay there forever.
    I think digital citizens are our online community even if we may not know them. But we all should still be positive to them. We need to think about our actions on the internet so we don’t have a negative impact on them. By doing this, we’ll make others feel welcome and make it a better online community.

I also read about ‘unwanted contacts’ on ‘Get the Facts’ and learnt that we shouldn’t reply to those people and tell a parent or guardian. I also read about ‘staying legal’ and learnt that we need to read the terms and conditions before doing something online and keeping in mind that downloading some things can have viruses.

Thanks for reading my comment,
    VL.

17. Hello world.
    I have really enjoyed watching the video about cyber safety and have learned about the consequences of our cyber footprint and now understand how if you post something online you can’t control it. I think that a digital footprint is a mark you leave on the internet that can be a very bad thing because hackers can track you down using it. I think that a digital citizen is anybody who is on a computer or the internet which is a community of people. It is important to be cyber safe because if you don’t then you could be putting yourself in great danger. Being a cyber-citizen is very important. We all make up the internet community. My online behaviour can affect people negatively and positively depending on what I post online. I read the two sections and ‘netiquette’ and ‘staying legal’ on ‘Get the Facts’ and understand that you should treat others how you would like to be treated and that you must always read the terms of conditions when it pops up before you download or give your personal details.

Thank you for reading my post
    A.Z

18. Hello world,
    I watched the video ‘How cyber smart are you.?’ I never knew that how you behave online can affect other people. The video was very interesting to watch.
    I think a digital footprint is how online behaviour can affect other users.
    I think a digital citizen is someone who is involved with the internet.
    I think it is important to be cyber smart because if you aren’t you can get yourself in trouble.
    I think it really depends on how your online post can affect negatively or positively. If it is inappropriate it will be taken in offence whereas if it is kind or heart warming it will be appreciated.
    Kind regards I.G

19. Hello 5ES and world,

I loved the video. It taught me a lot and I hope this world is being nice online. I learnt that from the cyber test that I should be around when my parents are on my accounts. I thought they could do it without me.

I think a digital footprint is something that people put online, that everyone can see even if you put it private. It is great to share photos and videos but sometimes you need to learn what cyber safety is.

I think a digital citizen is someone online that behaves nicely to everyone and that knows about cyber safety. Someone who is not a digital citizen is someone who is mean and shows everyone your personal stuff. You are a digital citizen wherever you are online.
    I think cyber safety is important because if your information leaks out you could be in really big danger.

I think we need to be positive online because 1 you could be in big trouble 2 you could be in danger and 3 it makes others feel welcome.

Thank you for reading my post

From C.S.