The Three Little Pigs

Today you are going to watch two different versions of the The Three Little Pigs’.

After watching both versions, you will be required to complete the task below.

The original version

The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka

Your task:

Write a letter to A. Wolf in jail. When writing your letter, think about:

• What more would you like to know about the wolf?
  • What questions would you like to ask him about what happened to the pigs?
  • Your feelings about A. Wolf’s recount of the events. Do you or don’t you believe his recount. Why?

25 comments

1. Dear Mr Wolf,

I heard about the incident. Before I trust you about what you said, I would want to ask you some questions.

What happened when you were in jail?
    How did your grandmother say to you when you were in jail?
    Did anyone visit you?
    Did you make the cake in time for your grandmother?
    How long did you stay in jail?
    Who were the guards and what animal are they?
    What kind of jail did you go to?

About the pigs, did the pig with the brick house miss his brothers and was he very angry and extremely greedy?

I feel sorry for you but so far, I don’t believe you. I don’t believe you so far because you haven’t got any evidence and who would trust a prisoner? I would also not trust you because pigs are food for wolves and wolves would of course be guilty anyway. But if you answer the questions on top, I might change my mind depending what you tell me when you give me the letter.

From G.X

2. To A. Wolf,

I would like to know if you were really that desperate to get the sugar for the cake. How do you feel about the pigs? That Third pig could be teasing you right now! I don’t really believe your recount because you should have someone to support you and not just be alone with your story. Another question I have for you is that if your grandma was a wolf, why don’t you just go hunting with her for the day instead of destroying the first two houses and almost the third house? I really think that if you “accidently” sneezed and destroyed the first house, you shouldn’t even try the second and the third. You also could have just gone to the shops to get the sugar in the first place. One more thing I would like to know is how long you stayed in jail.

From T.S.

3. Dear Mr Bad Wolf.
    I really enjoyed watching your version of the three little pigs, but I think that the three little pigs version is more realistic because how could you sneeze that big to be able to knock down a house made of sticks that is stabilised really well because it is staying up?
    I would like to learn more about:

How many years did you stay in for jail?
    What did you do for grandma’s birthday because you didn’t have any sugar for the cake?
    What did you do after you were in jail?
    What did you do in jail?

From A.Co.

4. Dear Big Bad Wolf!
    How did you get a cold and why did you eat the pigs? Did the pig ask any questions about what happened or did they just throw you in jail right away? I think I do believe your recount because the pigs in your recount seemed mean and you might be nice in the real story.

from A.Ca

5. Dear big bad wolf
    Why did you eat the pigs in the first place? They didn’t do anything to you and you could of turned away when you sneezed. What else do you eat besides cute animals? Also who taught you how to bake? What happened with the third pig after the “incident”? I believe that your recount is true because the three pigs were in the original story but we didn’t hear much after what happened from pigs 1 and 2.
    Regards I.G

1. Hi IG,

I also agree with the fact that the Big Bad Wolf should’ve turned away when he sneezed and that he shouldn’t have eaten the pigs because they didn’t do anything to him, but wolves are wolves and he was obviously starving. I believe he eats . . . . puppies, kittens, mice, budgies and probably rabbits. Nothing personal. He probably taught himself how to bake. Assuming, of course, that we did see the screen correctly and that he actually was baking.

From your pal MK

6. Dear MR. A. Wolf
    I would like to know if you would get revenge on the pigs or would you leave them alone? I also would like to know if you ever got out of jail or you were sentenced to death? Also did your Grandma miss you when you were in jail on her birthday? One more thing I would like to know about you is do you have a family like your Mum, Dad, brother or sister? Did you like the pigs at the beginning or did you not like them? Did the last pig call the police or did someone else call them? Did the pigs know you wanted sugar or not? I really feel sorry for you because you don’t really have any friends because they are scared of you. I also feel like you want to be their friends but they are scared of you. I really believe your story because you gave emotion to your story and no one else told it like in the original version but in your version you told so it was more believable.
    From M.P

1. To MP
      He probably did try to get revenge on the pigs.
      He shouldn’t get a death sentence for acting like a wolf and asking for some sugar.
      His grandma and his family probably did miss him, but also probably thought he shouldn’t have eaten the pigs.
      He didn’t think anything of the third pig but thought the first two were stupid because of their chosen house material.
      MK

7. Dear Mr Wolf,
    I had a really enjoyable time watching The Three Little Pigs from your perspective, but I still think the original story by the three little pigs is a lot more realistic than your version, because I don’t think a sneeze could blow down a house regardless of how big.

I’ve also got a few questions for you:
    • What did you do in jail?
    • What did you do for granny’s birthday?
    • Why did you eat the little pigs, when you could have just left it alone and ate something else?
    • Were the guards really mean to you?
    • Did anyone come to give you your cup of sugar?
    • How long did you stay in jail?
    • Did the last pig end up really angry at you because you ate his brothers?

I do admit that I feel sorry for you after everything you’ve been through, but I’m still not going to believe you.

From V.L.

8. Dear Mr A.Wolf,

I would like to know:
    • Why you would go to the pigs’ homes when you could have gone to the shops?
    • How did you catch a cold in the first place? Was it winter?
    • Where did you live?
    • What type of material was your house made of?
    • What was your grandmother’s reaction to you being in jail?
    • How long were you in jail?
    • Were you able to get the cake to your grandmother?
    • Would the pigs have tasted better raw or cooked? Did the pig with the brick house miss his other pig brothers or was he a pig that only cared for himself?

I feel sorry for you because the pigs may have been the mean ones and you, the nice one, not the other way around. I believe your point of view because the pigs were quite mean in your point of view and they are prejudice because they blamed you for purposely blowing their houses down.

From A.Ch

9. Dear Mr A Wolf,

I watched your version of the three little pigs. l don’t believe in it entirely because in the real version you said “I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house down,” but from your perspective you just sneezed.

I have some questions that I would like to ask you about your version of the story.
    – Did you have any other neighbours?
    – Are you friends with the pigs?
    – Why did the pigs die when their houses fell down?
    – Why didn’t you say “I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house down?”

You must have had a very big sneeze to blow a straw and a stick house down. You left out part of the story at the end where you went down the chimney. I thought your version of the story was interesting because it was very different to the real 3rd person version.

Thank you for reading,
    From H.M.

10. To A. Wolf,
    I enjoyed your recount about your version of The Three Little Pigs because it was very interesting.

I have some questions to ask you.
    – What happened to the third little pig, because I was wondering if he got an interview on what happened?
    – Did you ever get to bake the cake for your grandmother?
    – Did you get your grandmother a present?
    – What do pigs taste like?
    – Did you have to go to court?
    – Was it the third little pig that framed you?
    – I would like to know about your time in jail.
    – How long were you in jail for?
    – Did your grandmother visit you?
    – Did you have any other wolf friends in jail?
    – What was jail like?

Although I really liked your recount of the Three Little Pigs, I am not sure that I believe it because you don’t have much evidence and so many other people are claiming that you are wrong. You shouldn’t have eaten the pigs because since you have eaten the pigs you are the bad guy. I am still wondering how one sneeze could bring down a house of sticks and a house of straw if the wind couldn’t bring it down and I am also wondering how a pig could die of a wolf sneezing.
    If you want people to believe you than you need more evidence to back you up because now everyone knows you as the ‘bad guy.’

From K.A
    P.S Are you the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood?

11. Dear Mr wolf,

I really enjoyed your recount of the story of The Three Little Pigs, except I still don’t believe your side of the story, because it seems like you wanted to eat the pigs pretty badly. You also wanted the sugar for your grandma’s cake except if the pigs didn’t give it to you, you should have just made her a card or something that doesn’t involve sugar.

I think it was a good idea that the last pig called the police because you ate the rest of his family and you blew or sneezed down their houses so it’s good that you are in jail.

I would like to know more about :
    • How long you were in jail for?
    • Did you get to tell your side of the story to the police?
    • What do you think the third pig would say if you were released?

I hope you enjoyed my post
    A.J

12. Dear Mr A. Wolf,
    I think this is a very interesting recount of your side of the story there! Even though the pigs’ version was rather believable and has already generally been accepted as the real story, I kind of feel bad for you. After all, it wasn’t like you caused deliberate harm… Some questions I have for you are:
    • How did you get the cold in the first place?
    • Did the pigs even know you or think of you as a friend?
    • Did you have any intention of trying to eat the pigs in the first place?
    • Did the third pig call the police himself or did someone else?
    • How long are you sentenced to in jail?
    • What happened to your grandma in the end?
    • Did you attempt to tell your story to the police?
    • Do you know what happened to the first two pigs afterwards?
    Maybe if you answer some of these you might confirm my thoughts. After all, stories that are partly ‘made up’ about people who do the ‘wrong thing’ are very real…
    All the best,
    ES

13. Dear Mr Wolf,

I would like to know if jail is different for you, as in is there a different jail for wolves or do wolves share the same jail as humans and pigs and other animals?

– When you ate the pigs did they taste bad or good?

– Did the pigs call the cops or did someone else call them?

– Was that the first time the pigs were not nice to you?

I think your story is the most believable because in the pigs’ story at the end the wolf ran into the woods never to be seen again, if he is never to be seen again how did he write a story? Also, he is also in prison so Mr Wolf’s story sounds most believable.

From S.R

14. Dear A.T.Wolf,

I read your perspective of ‘The Three Little Pigs’ and I have some questions for you.
    – How old are you?
    – What’s your grandma’s name and how old is she?
    – Why did you eat the two pigs, when you could have saved them for later?
    – How did the pigs die because they couldn’t have died from hay or sticks falling on them?
    – Were the pigs actually mean?
    – Were the pigs tasty or were they disgusting?

I believe your side of the story because you’re friendly and are not a third person that is telling it from the perspective of what it LOOKS like. I also believe you because you were lied about in the news because your story was boring.

From DO.

15. Dear Mr Wolf
    I really enjoyed your point of view and have empathy for you.

I would like to ask you a question:
    – How is it in jail?
    – Do they treat you well?
    – How long are you in jail for?
    – Did you make the cake for your grandma in time?

I don’t believe you completely even though your story makes much more sense and is more believable than the pigs one. However, I am confused how one little sneeze can blow a whole house down!

I am more inclined to agree with you because you used a lot of emotion in your story whereas the pigs’ story was from a third person so they might not have seen or felt everything that was happening.

I hope you reply,
    AZ

16. Dear Mr Wolf,

Your story was fantastic but it’s obvious that it’s not true. When did wolves start being the good guys? Also how did you sneeze at the exact time when you got to the pigs’ houses? Did you ever sneeze at home because you don’t say that in the “true” story! It’s impossible that you can blow a house down with a sneeze, not even a house of straw or sticks.

Your “true” story is more like a bed time story to me. I don’t feel sorry for you about you being in jail because it never happened. You just ran away, you probably just got embarrassed and wanted to make up a story about you going to jail.

When you start to write your story about Little Red Riding Hood, make it more realistic.

Good luck with that,

From C.S.

17. Dear Mr A Wolf,
    You story wasn’t real. We all know you made it up. I’ll lists the things that are made up.
    You weren’t sick, you didn’t eat the pigs and you didn’t sneeze the houses down. You lied about everything. I would like to know if you’re evil or not and what happened to the third pig. No one believes your story because that is not what happened in the normal story.
    Questions I have for you:
    -when did you become bad?
    -did you like jail?
    -did you get the sugar?
    YT

18. Dear Mr A Wolf,

I would like to know how you a got cold and why was it such a bad one. Also do you still have the cold today?

I also have another question. Why did you ask the pigs of all your neighbours for the sugar? I also think that you still kind of deserve to be in jail when you were put in jail because you still ATE the pigs. If that is not a crime then what is?

I also think that you should have left the pig’s house once you kept on sneezing and sneezing. I also think you still are kind of a big bad wolf. You ate your neighbours, blew down their property and did not even alert the police of the accident.

MM

19. Dear Mr Wolf,
    Your story of The Three Little Pigs sounds true, but I agree with the three little pigs. I think that you are the bad guy.

I have a few questions:
    – Why did you make your own point of view about The Three Little Pigs?
    – What was it like to be in jail?
    – Are you sad that you missed your granny’s birthday?
    – Why did you go to the three little pigs’ houses?
    – Are you going to be in jail for your whole life?
    – Did your granny come see you in jail?
    – Is she mad at you for not making the cake?
    – Did the pigs taste nice?

I think that you should have sneezed away from the house. How is it possible for you to sneeze a pig’s house down?
    I really enjoyed listening to both versions. I think you are a criminal and your point of view was excellent but I don’t believe you. I am really sorry that I feel that way. Please answer my questions.

Thanks for reading my comment
    TN

20. Dear big bad wolf,
    I think you are not very bad, but at first the pigs didn’t do anything to you. Why did you eat them? You sneezed and ate them. I think that is not true because in the first story, the three little pigs are not dead, they make the house together and they help each other. I have two questions: ‘What else do you eat except pigs?’ ‘What happened to the third pig?’ I want to know this. I believe the third pig is not dead.
    Thank you,
    Regards A.L

21. Dear Mr A Wolf
    Hello,
    I have just read the two stories. I think you are not bad, but I do not believe your story.
    You are not bad, because
    – Why do people say that you are bad? Because you eat animals. But we, human do too. Are we bad? If we say no, that is not fair.
    I do not believe your story, because
    – You must had done a very big sneeze to blow the houses down. I really wonder why you are so lucky to sneeze at every pig’s house. I really can’t believe it.
    Thank you for reading my letter.
    Best wishes.
    From CZ

22. Dear 5ES,
    I really enjoyed watching The Three Little Pigs. It did not say that the wolf sneezed in the pigs’ version and also police part. My favourite version was the wolf’s version because it had more action in it and he wanted to do something different.
    Both versions are different because some parts that are in the wolf’s version are not in the pigs and there are some things in the pig’s version that are not in the wolf’s version.
    From N.S

23. Hello world
    This is my letter to Mr A Wolf that I wrote after watching both of the Three Little Pigs videos.

Dear Mr A Wolf
    I just wanted to say that I don’t believe your version of the story of the Three Little Pigs. I have some questions to ask:
    – Where is the part where you climbed onto the roof of the brick house and crawled down the chimney and leapt out screaming?
    – In the true story, you said, “I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll blow your house down!” but in your version, for some reason all you did was sneeze. Also, the pigs were not dead in the real version. How does that work?

I still enjoyed watching your version of the story. You must have done a very big sneeze to blow those straw and stick houses down! You also missed out a very important part of the story, the pot of soup over the fire part. Your version of the story was quite different to the real 3rd person version.
    Thank you for reading my letter.
    From MK