Just like in person, it is important that we protect our identities online so we can have a safe and supportive online learning environment.
To ensure that we protect our identities online, here are some guidelines for posting on our blog:
- Only use your initials (not your full name) when commenting on our blog. Refer to others by their initials only.
- Never include personal information such as your full name, address, email address, phone number, date-of-birth or location when posting on our blog.
Our class blog is a way for us to enhance our learning by communicating and interacting with each other online.A blog post is a type of formal communication so when we post we are polite and respectful.
Only quality comments will be published on our blog. To ensure that we write quality comments and posts, here are some guidelines to help us as we write:
- Have an introduction or a greeting
- Begin with a positive statement
- Share your ideas
- Support or explain your ideas
- Use detailed and descriptive language
- Sign off with a concluding comment or question
- Proof read your post to ensure it makes sense
Guidelines adapted from Mrs Bates and 3LB 2013