Learning Intention: identifying facts and opinions and using this to make a judgement.
Scenario: Your local council wants to develop an old factory site. Help it to compare the benefits of three proposals: building a swimming pool, toy factory or parklands.
- With your partner, go to the following link: Community enterprise: making a choice
- Press ‘click to play’ to begin the activity.
- On your jotter pad take notes of the facts and opinions given by various people and groups within the community about the development of the factory site.
- Based on the facts and opinions surrounding the issue and the economic, social and environment effects of each proposal, decide which proposal the council should choose.
- As a blog post, write a letter to the council explaining which proposal you believe they should choose and why. Use facts from the activity and your own opinion to form your response.