In class, we have been reading the picture story book, ‘The Island’ by John Heffernan and Peter Sheehan.
Throughout our discussions, we have identified a number of big ideas including:
- Appreciation and not taking things for granted
- Loneliness and Friendship
- Choices and Making Decisions
- Selfishness and Greed
- Choose one of the big ideas above
- Using your chosen big idea, create a big idea question.
- Write a paragraph explaining your opinion about your big idea question. Make sure you use the philosophy tools of ‘Justify’, ‘Reason’, ‘Because’ and ‘Example’.
- If time, reply to somebody else’s post about their big idea question. Make sure you use the philosophy tools listed above as well as ‘Agree/Disagree’.